Wednesday, January 19, 2011

i'd rather be golfing...

I am generally a positive person and have a positive outlook on life, golf and pretty much everything else. That all goes away in the bitterly cold month of January! Here in Minneapolis, MN (I'm actually in the 'burbs) the month of January just pretty much stinks in my opinion. All the cool things about winter just generally start to annoy me right about now. Case in point the light dusting of snow on my car this morning really ticked me off. I won't go into detail on that but instead I would like to discuss some of the things I do when I am not golfing but wish I was.

Here is my list in no particular order.

  • Grab random objects to practice my grip (Yard sticks, broom handles, spatulas)
  • Make slow motion swings in the living room (so far I have had a lamp broken and almost my TV doing this as sometimes my slow mo swings start to speed up for some reason)
  • Practice my swing out in the garage (There is a hole in my garage door as a result of this
  • Practice putting on the carpet (pretty harmless so far)Work on my stance using the tiles in the kitchen
  • Work on my turn / swing in front of the bathroom mirror (My wife finds these motions strange and somewhat annoying but she puts up with me. I mean after all our whole garage has been converted to a golf shop. How many wives would allow that?)
  • Go out in the driveway and swing the speed stick (Record so far is 115 MPH - not sure how accurate it is, but hey I'll take it!)
  • Hit birdie balls around in the park across the street
  • Chip into nets, buckets, and at trees (Try to avoid neighbors houses, cars, kids etc)
  • Try to do the Tiger Woods golf ball tapping trick (My record is about 50 in a row right now)
  • Play Tiger Woods golf (Fun but just not the same - I heard he's not on the cover of his newest game but instead a hole from Augusta has replaced him...interesting)
  • Watch golf on TV (Sometimes makes it worse)
  • Sell golf clubs for Holen1 Golf (Helps keep me connected to the game and meet lots of other cool golf nut type people)
  • Try not to think about golf (Doesn’t really work)
  • Annoy my wife by talking about how much I want to go golfing, or how I can’t wait 'til the snow melts, or how we should move to a warmer climate so I don’t have to annoy her about not being able to golf
  • Play Fantasy Golf (You should join my league by the way)

What do you do when you can’t get out golfing?

-ACE

www.facebook.com/h1golf

http://www.holen1golfmn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment